Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tzatziki Sauce

This makes a lot of Tzatziki Sauce, but I did not mind one bit! Made with all fresh, clean ingredients, I felt no shame in putting it on a variety of dishes for quite some time. I put it on avocado (divine), I put it on shrimp omelets (nom), I put it on falafel (perfection), and I licked the plate every time (yum). You better believe I will have ingredients ready for the unpleasant day that I run out of this stuff!


Tzatziki Sauce

Serves: a lot
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
Calories per serving: >20

Ingredients:
1 17 oz. container plain Greek Yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
2 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of Half of a Lemon
2 Cucumbers, peeled and deseeded
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Directions:
Just blend all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender, transfer to a container, and chill for about an hour before serving.

My Tip: Often times, tzatziki sauce is made with dill. If you are like me and are not a fan of dill, substitute it for parsley, like in the recipe. However, if you do like dill, feel free to add it!

No comments:

Post a Comment