Monday, February 11, 2013

Coconut Almond French Toast

I am a sucker for a fresh, hearty breakfast, and this french toast is no exception! The whole grains and fiber in the toast are enough to fill me up all morning, not to mention the protein from the eggs! Topped with a mecca of vitamins and antioxidants, it helps me start my day off on the right foot. With a smile on my face and perfectly full belly, I swear I can see the sun shining a little bit brighter.
Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a little, but I swear this was so delicious that I may be eating it for the next week straight. No shame!


Coconut Almond French Toast

Serves: 1

Ingredients:
2 pieces of Healthy Bread of Choice (I really like Arnold's Oatnut Bread, but any healthy whole grain will do!)
2 Eggs
½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil

Toppings:
Strawberries (sliced, diced, whatever really)
Blueberries
Almonds (slivered, chopped, sliced, etc.)
Coconut (chopped, shredded, etc.)
Sweet Natural Syrup (I prefer Agave Syrup, but Honey or 100% Natural Maple Syrup would be okay!)

Directions:
In a dish, combine the eggs, unsweetened almond milk, and cinnamon, making sure to mix thoroughly.  Add the coconut oil to a pan on medium heat and allow it to melt/heat. Meanwhile, dip both sides of each piece of bread into the egg, milk, and cinnamon mixture, allowing the bread to absorb the liquid. Cook the bread in the coconut oil until golden brown on each side. This should only take a few minutes.
Garnish with strawberries, blueberries, almonds, and coconut. Lastly, drizzle with some sweet natural syrup! 
*You can also sift ½ Tbsp powdered sugar over the top if you are feeling extra sweet that morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment