Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rainy Day Workout

When it comes to fitness, I hold a "no excuses" policy! Excuses do not produce results. Effort does. It may be raining cats and dogs outside, you may not have a gym membership, or you may not want to face the rain to get to the gym, but that doesn't mean that you can't break a sweat! Here is a workout that anyone can do anywhere (inside, of course) on a rainy day!

We have had almost 2 days of solid rain here, and it has put quite a damper on my normal routine. At the moment, I am what most people refer to as "gym poor." I haven't quite found the funds to shell out for an awesome gym membership, but that is not an excuse. I love to run and workout outside, because it feels so freeing and peaceful. I experience so many cool things each time I step outside for a run, from people walking down the street to the smell of blooming flowers. However, running and working out outside in the rain sounds more like an illness waiting to happen. Yeah, yeah…"if you keep waiting until the conditions are just right you will never get anything done" and all that, but I can accomplish just as much at home without risking illness, injury, or a headache from traffic while driving in the rain. So can you! Don't let the weather keep you from achieving your goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment